We have highlighted the main steps involved in setting up an e-commerce site. Depending on the work required in each step, you can determine the price of the project.
Step One –
- Calculate the time required to set up a WordPress site, install plugins, install a WordPress theme, and meet a client’s requirements.
Step Two –
- Calculate the time you need to finalize images. Mostly, it depends on whether you are –
- Using existing images
- Making new images
- Modifying manufacturer’s images
Step Three –
- Determine the number of products or SKUs included in the project.
- Also, make a note of whether you will take the content from an old site, create your own new content, or reword the manufacturer’s website content.
- Lastly, you need to know if you must create custom category pages and the amount of product information that will be provided.
Step Four –
- Customizing a plugin may need about 20-30 mins, so extra features like Shipping Plugins, Invoicing Plugins, & more should be noted down.
After you have a good idea of the level of work required, you can give an estimated price range for the project. If the estimate is approved by the client, you can charge by the hour to ensure you are paid for your work.
Have any questions? Get in touch with our experts for assistance.